Successful Testing of a Prototype Radio Modem
UVR LLC has developed a radio modem for UAVs control and transmitting telemetry, and successfully tested its prototype. The communication range of the device is 50 km in line-of-sight conditions at a data transfer rate of 57.6 kbps. Based on the prototype test results, two types of radio modem modules were developed:
– a radio modem module for the installation on a ground control station (GCS),
– a small-size radio modem module for the installation on a UAV.
Technical characteristics of the radio modem modules are the following:
– Frequency range of the modem: from 960 to 1020 MHz.
– Transmitter output power: up to 2W.
– Maximum data transfer rate: up to 300 kbps.
– Supply voltage range: from 5 to 105 V.
– Radio modem module interfaces for the GCS: Ethernet, Wi-Fi, USB, CAN (2 pcs.), UART.
– Interfaces of a small-size UAV radio modem module: CAN (2 pcs.), UART.
– Overall dimensions of the radio modem module board for GCS: 75 x 57 x 12 mm.
– Overall dimensions of the small-size UAV radio modem board: 57 x 40 x 12 mm.