Senior Robotics Software Engineer
Are you looking for an opportunity to not just develop software, but to build a system that will redefine how robots sense and navigate through their environment? As a full-stack developer, you can solve a problem with a complete end-to-end solution in a fast-paced, agile environment. We’re looking for a developer with the skills needed to build research-grade algorithms and software for mobile robot perception from vision to demonstration-ready system.
This role is more than just coding. We need a full-stack developer who will use their passion to learn new tools and techniques, and identify and implement system improvements. Using ROS, C++, and custom-developed algorithms, you’ll work with the development team to build and test Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM) software using various sensors and platforms. You’ll analyze the needs and the environment to make sure the solution you’re developing considers the current architectures and operating environment, as well as future functionality and enhancements. Join us as we build systems to change the DoD’s robotics capability for the better.
Empower change with us.
Build Your Career
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn’t all we have to offer. When you join United Vehicle Robotics, you can expect:
- access to experts in virtually every field;
- a culture that focuses on supporting our employees;
- opportunities that provide stability while offering variety.
You’ll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want, as you chart your own course for success.
- 2+ years of experience with research and development of small mobile robotic systems or UAV;
- 2+ years of experience in programming with C++;
- 2+ years of experience with Robot Operating System (ROS), including using existing packages and creating custom packages;
- Knowledge of UDP protocol, including sending and receiving raw byte packets
- Ability to obtain a security clearance;
- BS degree.
Nice If You Have
- Experience with configuring and modifying Ardupilot;
- Experience with photogrammetry-based SLAM and 3D reconstruction;
- Experience with version control software such as git or svn;
- Experience with electrical circuit and PCB design;
- Experience in operating or flying small <50lb UAVs, or Certified UAV operator;
- Ability to interact directly with clients to identify problems, analyze data, generate solutions, and communicate results
- MS degree in CS, Computer Engineering, EE, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related major.